In this blog, you’ll learn about website promotion. We will dive deep into content promotion on the homepage of website, content promotion on the resources page of websites, content promotion on the product page of websites, content promotion on the landing page of websites, achieving conversions on landing pages, types of landing pages, the importance of responsive websites.
Promoting Content On Website
It is very important to place the content assets to be promoted on your website so that they are easily accessible by your audience. The content assets can reside on, the home page of your website, the resources or publications page of your website, the product specification page of your website, the strategic landing page of your website.
Homepage – The content assets can reside on the home page of your website. The home page of your website should have:
- Best quality of a highly visual and engaging content mix
- Content designed specifically for conversions
- Clearly defined call to actions at prominent places
- Resources page – Content assets can reside on resources or publications page of the website. The resources or publications page of your website should:
- Have a repository of all your content assets and thought leadership
- Be like a home page or a go-to page for all your content
- Have engaging visuals and user experience
- Have an easy navigation system
- Have Search Engine Optimization (SEO) done properly
- Product page – Content assets can reside on product pages of the website. The product pages of your website should have:
- Landing page – Content assets can reside on strategic landing pages of the website. The landing pages of your website should have:
- Content aligned with all ongoing campaigns and promotions
- Content aligned with ads being run on paid media channels
- Content aligned with product posts on organic channels
Achieving Conversion On Landing Page
You can achieve conversion on the landing page because:
- It reinforces the decision to click.
- It grabs attention.
- It frames the information.
Every website has a goal. It could be to capture visitor info like his email address, sell a product or service or to distribute information. There is a definite goal with which you create a website for your business. The idea is to make visitors take some sort of action, or engage in some way with your website, that the goal is achieved. Once the goal is achieved, you are said to have achieved Conversion.
Types Of Landing Pages
Teaser Pages – A teaser page gives visitors just enough information to get them to click through to the next step of your process. By creating anticipation and excitement, you can induce a visitor click on a call to action, such as a share button or provide information such as his email address, contact no or even pre-ordering. These pages are also used to tease out and do away with any unqualified leads.
Example: Product launch, major product/software upgrade, the opening of a new store
Squeeze Pages – A squeeze page captures content and qualifying lead information. Typically, a user would exchange some personal information in return for something of moderate value. The lead information can be as simple as an email address, or as complex as multiple prequalifying questions. A good squeeze page keeps the message above the fold, stays on target, and has a strong enough value to be effective.
Example: Webinar, e-book, discount on product/service
Infomercial Pages – The infomercial page provides information about your product/service and includes a special offer if you buy it today. Usually, these are long scrollable pages containing all the information about the product like what it is, how it works, benefits, testimonials, etc. Infomercial pages are effective at driving sales for certain products and are typically used by affiliate marketers when running large campaigns.
Viral Pages – The viral landing page invites your customers to enlist their friends. You might have a reward that is earned through the number of shares.
Example: For each friend that signs up, you get Rs.10 credit.
The viral landing page can include a video or funny infographic.
Landing Pages: Best Practices
To build your landing page, select the right type of landing page you want, and then focus on these five best practices.
Define the Goal – What needs to happen?
Specify the information you need to accomplish that goal – What information do you need from visitors in order to accomplish that goal? Example: their email, contact number, credit card
Outline what the user needs to do – Do they need to fill out a form, invite a friend, etc.?
Determine the users shared value – What information does the visitor need in order to be convinced to make a purchase?
Track the results – How do you intend to track the results and end-user behavior?
Landing Pages: Essential Components
After you build your landing pages, it’s important to continuously improve them.
When visitors arrive your information, engages by say filling out his details in a form, but never enters credit card information, they are assumed to be abandoned. You must fix the abandonment by fining the pain points
Landing Pages: Copywriting
People Just don’t read each word on the internet. Instead, they take a birds-eye view of the pages and try to scan them in memory. They’ll jump from a headline to sub-headline, then a few bullets points, and rarely would they read the complete body text.
The users just don’t want to make much effort to read everything, and are most often than not, in a hurry. This means, when it comes to copy on your website, less is more. Lesser the lines used to convey the goals, more genuine are the chances of it being read completely by visitors. With fewer words to work with, it becomes all the more important to make each word count. This is where you would often need the help of a professional copywriter.
Let’s call all the text on the website as Copy. The goal is to write a great copy, not just content. Copywriting adds to the experience. It connects your customer to your brand by establishing an emotional connect. You can find more of such creative inspiration on copywriting at – http://www.abccopywriting.com
- Monetize content and have a global reach by creating highly engaging, interactive and intuitive digital magazine Apps across channels and devices.
Web Copy –
- Because mobile users matter.
- Stay connected with your audience, wherever they are.
- Because it’s not just for print, it’s for everyone.
- Because your readers deserve much better, and you some rest.
It’s a daunting task to create separate renditions for each device type, be it smartphones, tabs or desktops. Doing a separate iteration for each requires a lot of effort, and is a time and cost implication. That’s where responsive designs come in. This approach allows the website to be adaptive. The pages respond the resizes automatically based upon screen size, and even the orientation the user is viewing it in. It works this way because responsive websites are designed along building blocks. These blocks can build, and collapse under one another. It can even adjust the font and image size based on the screen.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification